Monday, June 8, 2009

A Very Very Tall Cake!

This is a demo cake too (styrofoam) that I made for the show but of course I could make it look exactly like this out of cake too if someone wanted.  All those designs are hand cut with an x-acto knife and it took hours...  It's hard to see it in this small photo but it was also very "blingged" out with black & pink rhinestones.  I swear this cake was straight and level, I know it looks like it's leaning in this photo but I'm pretty sure it's my less than stellar photographing skills that is making it look slanty.  It's kind of hard to see in this photo too but there are jewels hanging out of the top of the cake as well.  It was a big show stopper because it was almost 40 inches tall!  It was a behemoth.  But I do have to say, I think it is one of my favorite wedding cakes that I've done so far.  That's why I love the opportunity to just do things I want to instead of taking an order because then I can show all the things I can do even if no one ever requests them.  I just LOVE what I do!

No comments: