Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vintage Inspired


This cake is totally something that I would have never done of my own free will but now that I've done it I would do it again in a heartbeat. This cake isn't particularly "me" but it was gorgeous and a whole new challenge for me. I had never done this technique before but I was pleased with how the lace effect turned out. And the monogram was fun too. I got a new tool, the food color pen and it works wonders!! Then there was the sugar pearls... We placed a couple hundred at least by hand. I didn't think such tiny little pearls would add that much to the finished product but it really did. I just love how this cake is kind of vintage by modern and forward all at the same time. This was the shocker favorite of the year for me I think. It just goes to show me that I need to open my mind a little more and not just do cakes that are "me" or in my comfort zone.

3 comments:

SnapBooth said...

April, this cake is so beautiful!!

Alex

Cheri said...

April the cake turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!

Melissa said...

April, I LOVE this cake. Click on the picture though and make it look big - check out the fly in the upper left hand corner. Hee hee!!!